Saturday, August 29, 2009

C25K Day 2 Part II

I did my second day of C25K Thursday. I went late in the evening which was different and I ran outside where my parents live and I took one of the dogs. Now my parents live in the country ass country but there are these random housing developments, or what they want to be housing developments smack dab in the middle of fields. You'll be driving along and there are houses and then fields and then houses and then HOUSING DEVELOPMENT. Well there are developments but no houses yet, so its just all paved streets. So I took Rocky, who is one of our 4 Labs. Now this country dog doesn't do leashes unless he is going to the vet, but all things considered he did quite well. We walked and ran, he did way better when I was running. Made me jealous though because when I was running he was just doing a fast trot, its cause he has two more legs than I do. I was really proud of him and pretty proud of myself also. Either I wasn't paying attention to how tired I was because I was concentrating on Rocky or I just really did that much better. It was getting pretty dark so we headed back a little early because Rocky was scared that a chainsaw masacre guy would come out of the woods.
My monthly friend is almost here I can tell and I feel so sluggish and I most definitely DO NOT want to run today. But its a must. Today is the last day of Part II of C25K. Moving on up to the next level Monday. My appetite was non-existent yesterday. Even when Mom and I went to get CHEESE FRIES from Snuffers. If you know me, you know thats like a huge comfort food that I can't turn down, but I didn't eat as much as I normally do, in fact not much at all. This morning I had a PB and J sandwich but not becasue I was hungry, I just needed something to stay with and put in my stomach so I could take my medicine. I brought a pack 90 calorie rice cakes and a banana.
This could just be me, but I went shopping Friday for some clothes for the cruise. You know things I was missing in the wardrobe since I wear scrubs to work most of the time. Everything look good on me. I told my friend that I know I look the same. I mean I've lost 3 pounds at this point, nothing to write home about but its like confidence level just goes up and all of a sudden you look and the mirror and it "seems" like your hips are less wide and the belly flap is smaller and maybe just maybe you're shoulders are less football like. Who knows if anyone else notices but you think you do and thats good enough.
I leave for my cruise in a week and I am trying to come to terms with the fact that I WILL gain back what i've lost so far and that its going to be okay because I AM going to run on the ship. I have to at least do that. There is an outdoor track on the top of the boat, so if I don't I have no one to blame but myself. But thats not going to happen.
I was so close to buying me some orthotics for my shoes at Sports Authority yesterday, but they were $25 and I just spent $60 on clothes and couldn't bring myself to do it. In that $60 spent though I did get a new outfit to workout in, I look cute in it and it makes me feel like a real runner.

No comments: