Monday, August 17, 2009

Updated Stuff

I originally started this blog for classroom discussion. It was by far the best class I have ever taken. Because of this class I analyze things processed through many different media outlets quite differently, and I love that.
I'm supposed to be a writer, at least I stake claim as such. Unfortunately I am unsure of how good I am anymore. I have been working on a book for well over two years, it will probably never be done and trust me its probably the most haunting thing ever. TIP: If you are working on a book don't tell anyone because then thats all they ever ask you about. "Is the book done?" "How is the book going." Or you will get every encouraging words from your dad or boyfriend, "You're never gonna finish," or "you should've been done a long time ago." I am sensitive about my writing too, its not like I don't know I should be working on it, its not like I don't realize I should be dedicating more time to it since it is after all my so-called passion. My boyfriend has this theory that I am scared or something. One thing to know about me and the boyfriend. If we were in high school we would so not be friends. He is Mr. Football player and I am Ms. Editor-in-chief of the yearbook. We seriously live on opposite planets. He has no clue about what I go through when I am trying to sit and write just like I don't have a clue how excited he gets when the Chicago Cubs win a game. Besides all that I have a great deal of faith that I will finish it this year and actually have another one that will soon to be in the works. Perhaps I shoudn't be planning a new venture when I haven't finished the original one but this one has to be done timely.
I graduated in December and to say the least I have been quite a slump. I have yet to get a job that I actually like which is really the source of this depression I am in. I don't like to admit that I am depressed but I'm not retarded. I can count on one hand the things I am happy about and I could probably fill two hands and both feet with the ones I am unhappy about. Thats fine however because it is all going to change. All of it.
Goals have been set in place and I am on a high, let see if I can keep this up. I plan to use this blog as a way to keep myself accountable to these goals and obviously as a writer . . . write.
I know no one reads this thing but you never know.

No comments: