Friday, August 21, 2009

Downward Facing Dog?!!!

It could be an erotic sex position it sounds so funny. I went to Iyengar Yoga yesterday. Iyengar Yoga was created by B.K.S Iyengar, its known for its use of props, such as belts and blocks, as aids in performing asanas (postures). Still sounds erotic to me. Trust me however totally not as enjoyable, it was still rewarding, I felt at the end. I was super intimidated when I first walked in but the teacher was welcoming, helped me with all the poses, I was the newby in class last night. Everyone in the class was really nice and joked and it felt close knit. Suprisingly not sore today, though I stretched parts of my body, I didn't know could be stretched. They had me pratically doing the splits. WTF? After it was all done though, I felt so good. My back felt a lot better and it was definitely worth the minor embarassment. Its amazing how the teacher could just tell from my ability that I have a lot of lower back pain. I told her how my doctor had been preaching this to me for years and I finally decided to do it, she said it would help with my back for sure. Justin needless to say is very happy I am doing it and it makes me want to buy yoga gear. I won't just yet though. Going back Tuesday. Gots to do my C25K today. Day 3 of week 1. Not dreading it at all probably because I know afterwards I get a present and Sushi! Having dinner with one of Besties and she is bringing me a gift from my other Bestie . . . yay! I did however forget my sports bra so instead of working out at my wonderful air-conditioned gym I am gonna go to Justin's where some of my clothes exist and run outside. Blech! But I guess I should get used to it since I am gonna do a 5K, maybe the extra sweat will do me good.

P.S. Boyfriend made fabulous dinner last night! Taco Pie . . . he did so good. It might be a new favorite of mine. Yay!

1 comment:

Smee said...

Are you doing the yoga at the Landry Center? I'm thinking of eventually getting a membership there once we get rolling again. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I didn't know you had such bad back pains- the yoga should help. I would think.

And double yay for the BF making Taco Pie. It sounds delish! And sushi? Be still my heart!