Thursday, August 20, 2009

My Boyfriend Discovered He's a Girl

Not literally . . . but he's discovered something I have known for many many months now. Now mind you he has been out of a job so it does leave him to do more domesticated things, but he loves sports video games and boobs I swear. He loves sports for reeeeal, like even golf which I think is freakishly boring. He doesn't count boxing as a sport which kind of angers me because thats like my favorite sport.
Now on to why he is a girl. I'm a girl too by the way but he is way more cliche chick than I am. Case in point he makes dinner last night after agonizing over whether or not it would turn out okay. Which he put cheese in it how could it not turn out? I'm a firm believer that melted cheese on anything makes it better. So dinner turns out great. I tell him its good, I eat it quietly. Sure sign that its good right? Well he proceeds to boast, "Isn't this good." "It turned out so well, I'm so happy." I agreed and finished my meal. We proceed to watch the movie he rented, Ferris Buhler's Day Off, ever since John Hughes died he feels its his mission to expose me to every movie he ever made, fine and dandy with me. Now its bedtime, he doesn't go to bed at the same time I do but he comes and lays down with me and chats a bit til I am good and ready to sleep. He begins talking about his feelings on different topics, not intimate topics just movies, music and such. I nod and smile, nod and smile. All of a sudden he says, "you aren't passionate about anything, you never talk about your feelings." To which I responded, "I am passionate about lots of things I just don't talk about my feelings on them all the time." He sits and ponders a moment and this grand revelation comes to him, "Oh I AM the girl in this relationship." I laughed because obviously I already knew this. He dug his head into the pillow and a few muffled groans erupted. I explained that I liked him that way, we are opposites and works out well. He began to make fun of himself in his girliest voice saying, "Honey why don't you talk about your feelings," etc. I tried not to laugh but I ended up making fun of him because I am a mean mean person. COUPLING, we have been watching a british comedy called Coupling and in one of the episodes Steve is explaining to his guy friends that when you get into a relationship and you live with a woman she gets to a point where she is constantly wanting to know your every move. If you leave the room they have to know where you are going. He says something along the lines of, "Its getting to the point that I can't go to the bloody loo without her saying, 'where are you going, where are you going, where are you going?' Its hilarious, well Justin is famous for that. He lives in a one bedroom apartment the living room is open to the kitchen and the dining so if I get up to leave there is a one in two guesses where I AM GOING. After all is said and done and he calms down about being "the girl," I get up to go to the kitchen and he says, "Where are you going?" I just busted out laughing, he didn't even realize right away. Poor thing to have me as a girlfriend.

1 comment:

Smee said...

Oh that is just classic! He sounds like a great guy, and with a fantastic sense of humour! :)