Monday, July 5, 2010

Bootcamp Week 2

The second week of bootcamp will commence today. I do look forward to it a great deal. However I am so tired right now I can't fathom running and climbing and lifting, but I know once I get there I will kick it into gear. I am not sure what kind of results I gained last week as trainer guy, Mike, said not to pay attention to the scale too much since we are definitely gaining muscle in this training. My back hasn't been in immobile pain all week which is amazing. It hurts but it's not the "I can barely move" hurt.

Sports wasn't my thing as a child. Mom put me in swimming and jazz for a while, but those got expensive and I guess I didn't show that much interest either. Then I was on the basketball team in middle school, didn't stick with it passed that. Arts was my thing, I was in orchestra and I mentored little kids in the reading program and I was on the yearbook. So this is the complete opposite of anything I have ever put my body through physically.

I will do a better job of sticking to the meal plan this week. But all in all I think I did pretty awesome last week. The bootcamp is a good fit for me. When I was going to the gym almost every morning before work, results were happening and it was at my own hand. But when my schedule changed and a morning work out was no longer possible I was going back to lazy ways. I would get off work and go to the gym and be highly unmotivated. My main reason . . . I knew that after I worked out for an hour I would be stuck 60-90 minute traffic, just wasn't appealing. Not to mention with the lack of motivation stopping ten minutes before I was supposed to or doing one less rep on a weight machine, which is still kind of intimidating to me, was easily done. While bootcamp is self paced, meaning if I need to walk from one station to another it won't result in a man yelling in my face. It is not a Jillian from Biggest Loser type bootcamp. It is very encouraging and you don't feel like slacking because everyone is telling you good job. I don't want to be told good job for a job that is not good so I push. I really hope I get there today and tasks that were harder last week will be easier this week. Some of the ladies in the group said the second week is better, that you won't hate yourself anymore for signing up.

I have already decided to sign up for August's camp!

No comments: