Tuesday, June 29, 2010

First day of bootcamp down.

It was exciting, it was invigorating and it kicked my ass. They definitely preach at you to pace yourself and I feel like I did. Walking some of it and only doing 2 rounds of 1 drill instead of 3. It was a challenge and that is something I haven't done to myself physically ever. This is going to work for me! When you work out alone its easy to stop 5 minutes early because you are tired or not run the last lap because your legs are fatigued but in this group setting I can't do that. I mean I can, but if I do I look like a wimp. There are people of all shapes and sizes in there and all age groups too. If there is a 60 something man in there keeping up I think I can too. Plus I really enjoyed doing this with my co-worker. Granted she was ready to quit on me yesterday, I think she will stick with it. I pray she does at least. I have talked to other women in there who have stated they made a lot of progress even with just going the three days a week and that is highly motivating. One woman is sitting there telling me she has lost alomost 2 dress sizes in one month!!!! WTF, I would be in heaven. I pulled out my goal jeans this weekend. They are wranglers because yes I wore those from time to time back in the day. Dated the cowboy and all. I haven't worn them in at least 5 years maybe more. So that is the first goal, to get back into those. Don't be surprised if on the day that happens I come to work in my cowboy boots and my wranglers bragging. HA!

Breakfast: Scrambled egg whites with 1 tsp of american cheese and a slice of peanutbutter toast. It was yummy, hit the spot and I get a snack in about 15 minutes. This is the hardest part not wanting to munch in between meals.

No comments: