Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I Turned Down Cake!

It was carrot cake, and I lied and said I didn't like it but honestly it was the perfect cake to be ordered this time of year so close to what would've been my grandpa's 63rd birthday. It was his favorite cake, but my grandpa died from causes all related ultimately to obesity. Granted his direct death was malpractice but he wouldn't have ever been in the hospital having triple bypass surgery if he has been taking care of himself. That being said. I turned down cake!

I'm proud of myself. And then I passed by the room where the cake remains and no one was around and I still didn't give in, just kept walking. Popped some of my Extra Fruit Sensations gum that is supposed to be good for snack cravings and ta dah! That much closer to getting out of here and working out!

2 comments:

Smee said...

Hooray! I'm proud of you! That cake did smell all kinds of awesome, didn't it?

Lady K said...

Awh!!! I am proud of you, had no clue thats why the will power kicked into overdrive! But by any means necessary!! You will be fine.