Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Got the Beach on My Mind

I listen to country music. I was born and raised in Texas. Once upon a time I fit into wranglers and will get there again. I own 3 pairs of cowboy boots and have been thrown from a horse. Thats right this city girl is a little bit country. So listening to my country music this morning and this song comes on by the Zac Brown Band. Now even J likes the Zac Brown Band, probably because they're from Georgia. Anyways the song's chorus is below.

Got my toes in the water, ass in the sand
Not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand
Life is good today. Life is good today.

Adios en vaya con dios
Yeah I’m leaving GA
And if it weren’t for tequila and pretty senoritas
I’d have no reason to stay
Adios en vaya con dios
Yeah I’m leaving GA
Gonna lay in the hot sun and roll a big fat one
And grab my guitar and play

There is a lot more to the song with lines like:

But the plane brought me farther.
I’m surrounded by water
And I’m not going back again

Because my bartender she’s from the islands
Her body’s been kissed by the sun
And coconut replaces the smell of the bar and I don’t know if its her or
the rum

Has me in the mood to be on a beach somewhere getting my tan, drinking my beer and listening to the waves. Makes me want to cry when I think about the stinkin cold outside. Thats ok soon I will have the beach body to along with me the next time I go. Since I have plans to see a friend in Florida hopefully in April. Hopefully I have lost the 28 lbs I hope to lose by then.

No comments: