Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hunger and starvation

I am only on day 2 of calorie counting misery and already I want something ooey gooey and preferably cheesy with some sour cream. MMMMM. I'll get over it . . . really I will.

Had a co-worker offer me some chocolate and I took it! But I didn't eat it, it lays in my desk drawer, calling my name. I thought I would save it for an emergency but the longer it is in there the more I want to take it out and peel off the silvery wrapper and eat it. I looked at the calorie content too, it was lik 250 calories for 3 whole pieces. Really?! Really?! Not fair, its 83 calories for something that won't do anything good for me. When I had an apple this morning for less calories and it was at least providing my body with nutirents. Like how I am talking myself out of ever wanting that piece of chocolate as long as I live. Yup definitely throwing it away.

I worked out on this different kind of elliptical yesterday. It changes position so that you are pushing or pulling with the arms and you pedal. Somehow not only did it work out my arms and legs but my abs are sore today also. I don't know if it is just cause my body is like "what the H" are you doing after almost a month of not working out. Or is it just how awesome that machine was.

Mom and I went shopping and were very careful about what we purchased. Of the purchases today's lunch was a hit. The best part though was the discovery of Yoplait yogurt thick and creamy in the flavor of cinnamon roll. I took my time and ate it and pretended it was the icing that went on real cinnamon rolls. It was 100 calories yummers!

So far I have consumed 689 calories. Not too bad. Supposedly for my height and weight I am to consume 1800 calories a day to lose weight. That seems like a lot. I met exactly 1800 yesterday. Today I should fall under that.

Tomorrow morning I will be waking up at 5:30am and rolling out of bed and going straight to the gym. I plan to work out for an hour and then get ready at the gym for work. I look forward to seeing how this effects me. Since they say you have to burn more calories than you consume and 3,500 calories equals a pound I have to find a way to disperse the calorie burnage so I am not spending my whole evening at the gym and getting home real late.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Smee said...

Yay! I was wondering when you were going to start blogging again! Don't worry- you're going to hit your mark. And the sour cream- meh, no biggie. It's all about moderation.