Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I Hate Carrots

I just can't stand them and I especially can't stand them here lately because I will read these health tips that read: Instead of eating chips with your sandwich have some carrot sticks, they're crunchy and low-cal. I tried guys just can't do it. Yesteray I had some and they just are bland and tasteless and its just an overall gross vegetable. I even cooked them last night in a stir fry and I found myself parting them from the rest of the meal , by the end there was a little pile on the corner of my plate. So nooooo carrots. Down with carrots! I left the carrots for J and he ate them happily. He said I am weird because I don't like carrots but like mushrooms . . . uh fail to see the comparison. Its just cause he doesn't like mushrooms. He's weird. However he made me the most bestest salad today, it was freakin yummy. The incredients included; shredded cabbage with almonds, toasted sunflower seeds, broken up uncooked ramen noodles, la choy rice noodles, and this phenomenal dressing. The only part of the dressing was olive oil, vinegarette, and the seasoning from the ramen noodles . . . thats all I know. I nearly ate the whole thing and he made a lot.

I did make it to the gym this morning at 6:15 a.m. I stayed up too late for that business, so when I finally got in there and on that elliptical I didn't not burn what I should've in 45 minutes. Total of 365 calories should've been closer to at least 400. So taking a break this evening as I think I will go back tomorrow but I need some recover time for sure this evening. Gonna go home and stretch really well. We used some free weights in the office today and a resistance bands that one of the girls brought. (Thanks K!)

We all joined the 100 day challenge, all of 1st shift except our little pregnant lady joined. Its fun to know we are all on the same track and helping each other by being on the same team for once. I can't tell you how often I have been trying to lose weight and then someone brings in something decadant and amazing that I can't pass up. That has happened a whole lot less since we have moved into the new office. But this time it should't be a problem. I am excited!

3 comments:

Lady K said...

Carrots huh, not even the carrot chips, lol!!! That salad was amazing, got to have J make more or send the recipe! Im super siked it seems like everyone is on the same page even in my hm life, its great!!! We r gonna shed some pounds in 2010!! Yay

Lupe said...

2010 is the year to be thin!!!! It rhymes.

Smee said...

I agree, that salad sounds just amazing! And it's okay not to like carrots. The hubby says the same thing. Personally, you give me carrots and I'll nom them. :)