Friday, October 2, 2009

Constitutions of plus size


I stumbled upon an article today about some plus-sized models and with it there was a photo of a group of them in the buff posing. Now being a bigger girl most of my life and by big, I don't mean heafty. Obviously we all know I could stand to lose like 20 or 30 back off! I have curves okay and for the most part I've always been pretty happy about them. This last year not so much as this last yr has been dentrimental in many ways to my psyche. Anywho this is just cool to me. The fact that this is a picture in a magazine, I have been a fan of Dove commercials since they started airing and this picture is such a statement. Every woman has imperfections and its our imperfections that make us unique. I am happy that the cookie cutter mold model isn't the norm anymore. I would be rather interested in polling some men and seeing what they thought of this picture. These women and beautiful, they eat, they exercise but they aren't stick thin. They have made careers out of being proud of their curves and making society pay attention. Kudos ladies. Kudos.


1 comment:

Lady K said...

I know it is so cool, I would love to be that confident!!! I'm working on it.