Saturday, March 27, 2010

Refreshed!

Hello all, all two of you that actually read and comment that is.

Just fyi everyone should run away!!! When life get's mundane, boring and it feels that the light at the end of the tunnel has burned out . . . run AWAY! I know some psycho-something somewhere probably says running away doesn't solve anything, which is true, but it certainly puts things in perspective again. While you are at it, read a book about some person who was down on his/her luck and made it out better than they started. True stories are pretty damn inspirational.

I ran away to Seattle last week and it was the best thing I have done since I graduated college in December of 2008. It was only a 4 day trip and we didn't fit in all the sights we wanted to but it was sooooo awesome.

First off Seattle is a different place from Dallas all together. I've been advised, "M, no matter where you go it's going to seem new and exciting beause you have never been there before, you have the same things here you're just used to them." But it was different! The vibe the city gave off was calming and creative and it was right by the water. I have a thing about large bodies of water, there is no better place on earth where I can collect my thoughts and feel like I can breathe and that's all there is to it.

H and I visited our other bestie L. These girls have been with me through the better part of our college years and besides my degree and my amazing bf, those two are the best things that came out of that experience. I love them and the three of us let loose on another city could've been dangerous, but hey we've grown, we've matured . . .no need to alert the police to be on stand by. We visited Pike's Market and I smelled fresh bouquets of flowers mixed with salty seafood and coffee and baked goods . . . good God, heavenly. H and I sat in a coffee shot for an hour and sipped spicy Aztec coffee and watch a interesting musician outside playing guitar in the street along with his own personal dancer. I met H through L, so L and I have always been naturally closer, she was the link for us. But L left us for Seattle and so H and I, I feel have been building a stronger relationship. She and I shared some gluten free meals together because in Seattle there are gluten free menus everywhere which is perfect for H bc she has Celiac Disease and it's impossible to find any place that caters to her here in DFW.

I did a lot of reflection and a lot of pondering, realizing that I have amazing talents I am wasting feeling sorry for myself that life hasn't turned out exactly as planned. But it still turned out! I have best friends, amazing ones that regardless of where we live and how long we go without chatting we will still be BEST FRIENDS. I have acquired the love of my life and while he is a monumental pain in the a$$ some of the time, he is the most supportive and loving individual I have ever encountered. My family is odd and they can drive me insane, but push come to shove they are there for me, even the bro that doesn't like me too much . . . pretty sure he would donate a kidney if I needed it.

Look out people bc M has a lot in store coming up soon and it's gonna be fabulous!

No comments: