Sunday, March 28, 2010

My picky eater!

Hercules (my dog) had been sick. The vet wants to see him this Friday to ensure he is indeed getting better. But if his behavior says anything about how well he is . . . pretty sure he will pass with a clean bill of health.

So this has been a trial for me. I have a weak stomach for smells. Looking at blood, guts, poop, vomit isn't a big deal however if it smells forget it. So cleaning puppy poop has been a challenge. I try breathing through my mouth but then there is that instant that I forget and I have to walk away and come back for round 2,3,4. Yes I am cleaning the poop in stages. I am so my father's daughter, have to tell you about him changing my brother's diaper. haha.

Anyways sick puppy, the vet said feed him whatever to get him to eat. Vet said livers were good to get his platelet count back up, he likes livers but it doesn't come out so great in the end. After a few days of liver we decided to switch it up, tried canned chicken. Nope he wasn't a fan. Dad tried some left over Rotisseree Chicken, yup that's the stuff. Hamburger meat, pretty good too. It's been a week of us cutting these foods into small pieces and heating them up. In Petsmart yesterday I was just looking at some puppy foods that are actually meant for dogs and ended up talking to an associate there. I told her I was concerned he wouldn't want any of this stuff after getting the gooood stuff for so long. She made a suggestion and it sounded really great, salmon chicken and something along with like blueberries and pomegranate for antioxidants and some other fabulous sounding stuff. She said they guarantee it for picky eaters or you can bring back the can and they will refund it.

I brought it home poured half into his bowl at dinner time. Nope, not guaranteed on MY dog. He went back to playing and my Dad suggested that damn Rotissere Chicken again, we only had a little left but I cut it up, heat it up and put it by his bowl. Hercules immeadiately gobbled it up, no problem leaving the fabulous can of fancy in his bowl untouched. Next went a mixture of scrambled egg and some boiled chicken, not as good as Rotissere but he ate most of it. I am in big trouble people. Big big trouble. Spoiled little munchkin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww LOL! Your a good mommy Maria. How come I do not see pics of Hercules on here?