Monday, May 24, 2010

Wish Chronicles

I want to be sure to chronicle my Make-A-Wish experience this time around.

Nela is my new wish kid. She has been dealt an unfortunate hand and with that hand she has some limitations that have been placed on her life. This vibrant special girl once played baseball and was a cheerleader. She once went to school like her brother and sister with the ability to play with her friends and attend school field trips and the steroids she takes has caused her to gain weight. Now she is unable to play the sport she deems as her favorite and she is homebound educated.

She stays busy and connected through a lot of artistic creations as well as a blog she keeps for her classmates to comment on. She recently lost her 2 front teeth and is very proud of that accomplishment.

When I went to ask Nela about her wish she sat thoughtfully and responded with, "mmmmm I don't know." So we broke it down, asking her if she could go anywhere, have anything, be anything or meet anyone what each would be. She responded with Disneyland/world, trampoline, artist and Selena Gomez. When we broke it down and pitted each against eachother Artist beat Disneyland/world and Selena Gomez beat Artist. So her official wish is to meet Selena Gomez and I really hope we can make that happen. It is diffcult sometimes to deal with celebrity schedules in addition to working around wish kid schedules as they often have to deal with treatments etc. But I have faith in the organization I volunteer for and I know they will make everything awesome!

Everyone should do this.

No comments: